Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Mini

This little lady started it. Isn't she just too cute? I purchased her many, many years ago at the Promenade. This is an arts and crafts show we have here in Ft Lauderdale every year, I think in November (Haven't been to one in a while). There is always the most wonderful handmade stuff, paintings, sculptures, jewelry, etc. But there was this one year where I saw this little angel and that was it, we can go home now. She is made on a bell foundation. Her face and hands are fired clay and what a sweet expression. She has wings made of gold leaves and loops of cream ribbon. And, she stands all of 1 1/2 inches tall. Yup, she's the one that started this mini madness. She is just too small to be put on an 8 foot tree so I had to get a mini (18 inches tall) tree. She, of course could not be sitting there all alone, so I started purchasing Hallmark Keepsake mini ornament. Most of them I purchase after Christmas when they are 50% off. I do not like the tree itself anymore and I am considering replacing it with a nicer pre-lit tree. Oh well, maybe next year.


No comments: