Wednesday, December 19, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

Most of my ornaments have a little story to tell. They all have many memories attached to them. These are just of few of my favorite ornaments.



This little ball is not very pretty but there were lots of them on our tree when I was a little girl. My Dad used to use spray snow on the tree and this ball has some of that snow on it. The snow has since turned yellow but it holds sweet memories of childhood Christmas'.



Santa and Fish is a more recent purchase and one of those after Christmas 50% off items. One of my husbands hobby's is fishing so I thought this one was appropriate. Besides, it was just too silly to pass up.

Did you notice the Disney ornament behind Santa? A neighbor gave me three of them as a gift. I do not remember what year it was but she had purchased them at DisneyWorld when she visited for the first time. That first visit of hers was only weeks after it opened. Too bad the ornaments aren't dated as many of Disney's ornament now are.

It was my very first Christmas as a married women and my first Christmas away from the rest of my family. We had very little money for gifts and a tree. A friend came to visit and brought a 6 pack of Coca Cola. On the cardboard packaging was this ornament. Cut it out and glue it together. I didn't have any glue so I sewed it together. Talk about your really tacky ornament. Oh, I throw everything on my tree, the good, the bad and the ugly. Just like quilting, if you use enough color it all some how works.



This sweet faded ornament is another from my Mom & Dad's collection. My Dad told me he remembers this on his Mom's tree when he was a little boy. Dad was born in 1917 so you do the math.


We promised our Grandson Nick we would take him on a Disney Cruise when he was 7 years old. 7 came quickly and we went on the cruise last September. If you have ever been on a cruise that stops in Nassau you will know that you are forced thru a local tourist type market in order to get back on the ship. As I try to purchase an ornament on all my vacations and I love angels, this seemed like the perfect choice.

I will try to post a few more of these before Christmas. Hope you liked my tree tour.

No comments: