Thursday, August 28, 2008

The New Improved Zizzy Dot Swap

I don't know about Dotti, but I sure have run out of ideas for some new swaps. So we both decided to have a monthly swap and the topic would be the month itself. We would both mail out our cards on the 29th of the month. I know it's only the 28th but Dotti got antsy and sent me hers already. Here is the Zizzy-Dot Swap #13 August..........


Dotti lives in Nevada and she says it is hotter than blazes. This card sure represents that well. Can you see all those beads. Gorgeous card don't you think?







I made my card early in the month, long before Fay, Gustov or Hanna. I remember Andrew was in August and every year I hope and prayer that the hurricanes stay well off our coast.







Have I mentioned that the old toothpick repair just wasn't cutting it any more and my laptop died a horrible death. I got a new fancy schmancy laptop. It has (groan) the new dreaded Vista. I have lost some information but not much. Unfortunately, there are no drivers to support my scanner so I cannot use it anymore. My husband is talking about getting a wireless printer/scanner...we'll see about that. In the meantime, I do apologize for the quality of the postcard pictures as I have to use the camera, and we all know what a lousy photographer I am.


3 comments:

Deborah Levy said...

Beautiful postcards..I especially like yours...as mine for my September swap is very similar...only my 'hurricane' is on the west coast 'Charley'. The theme for our swap is 'Gone with the wind" I used angelina for the wind swirls...looks like you did too! Great minds...and all that. lol

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Barbara,
I really like your hurricane card. Cool and so appropriate especially after the hammering your state took recently and a year or so back when every hurricane that hit the US had a stop in FL first.

We had the remnants of Fay hit in earnest today and one of the areas about 15-20 minutes from my home received 10" of rain. Amazing that she had a drop after her week in Florida.

Mary Johnson said...

Love the postcards! I'm enjoying the one I'm doing with my family. Deb picked the monthly theme but it's optional.

Glad your Mom came through surgery well.