Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More Swap Blocks

I have completed 3 more String Swap blocks. The first one is for Sharon in Illinois. She asked for a 1" white on white center with pastels strings. That was easy, I have lots of pastels.



The next two are rather unusual requests. Donna in Illinois (I believe she is Sharon's daughter) requested a bright orange center with Halloween strings. She is in luck there. I was in a charm swap many, many years ago. One month the topic was Halloween. I ended up with a ton of Halloween charms and had no idea what to do with them.



Last on the list is Jill in Texas. She requested all brown strings (yes those strings are really brown) with pink outside corners.



It is just amazing how many combinations of colors there are. I suppose you could make string quilts for the rest of your life and they would all look totally different. No, I am not proposing making string quilts for the rest of your life, I'm just saying!!


No comments: