Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Alli makes a block

My granddaughter came to visit the other day, she is only 6 years old. As she loves doing crafts and she is very interested in her "Princess Jellybean" quilt, I decided it was a good opportunity for us to make a block. I let her pick the colors of the fabrics and threads (I think that is pretty obvious). She traced my hand on some fusible interfacing and I traced hers. I lowered the ironing board way down and helped her use the iron. She was a little hesitant but was OK with it as long as I helped. I let her do all the cutting.

It's kind of cute even if the colors are a bit bizarre.


4 comments:

Barb said...

Absolutely priceless!

Ann said...

The colors can't be bizarre as they were picked out by the PRINCESS! I guarantee this block will bring damma more smiles that any other in the quilt.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Barbara,
That is so cute and something she will treasure. Are you going to add it to the quilt you are making for her? That would be sweet.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful block and love the colors for the hands. She is a budding quilt maker.

Debbie