Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Review

I made some a few new postcards for the shop this weekend. Then I got a bright idea.







Why not do something with all those nickel charm packs? I started to make some yo-yos. I planned to make sets of 25 and sell them in the shop. To get a better idea of what type of price to put on them I checked out Etsy and Ebay. That was a quick deterrent to making any more yo-yos. There are already bunches of gals making them and they are very inexpensive. I might continue this project, with plans on selling them in the 2011 Broward Quilt Expo. Well, maybe I could make blocks in groups of 12 and sell them? I don't know, just thinking out loud.


While thinking of making blocks, I started to feel a bit guilty that I haven't done any charity work in many weeks. So, I made 4 string blocks. I still feel guilty (that's guilty with a G not quilty with a Q). I'm going to have to make more.







2 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh don't you just love the yo-yo's. I think they are just wonderful and so festive. I love these blocks that you made. I like the strip that looks like corn in candy corn colors. How beautiful is that? I have never made a quilt, but always wanted to. You make it look so beautiful. Thanks for sharing this beautiful day. Stop by soon. Country hugs sweetie, Sherry

Split Rock Ranch said...

Everything is so gorgeous!

I blogged tonight about the beautiful fabric bowl I won in your recent giveaway. Please check it out when you have time:

http://splitrockranchllamas.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-won-beautiful-fabric-bowl.html

And thank you again for the bowl - I LOVE it! Once I decide what I want from your shop, I'll be back to make a purchase.

Hugs
Brenda