I didn't get a whole lot of sewing done this past week. I did manage to finish those log cabin blocks, but I still have to put them together. I finished appliqueing the flip flops and sewed the blocks together. But it has turned out to be wider than I thought about and I have to rethink the border. Oh well, what's one more UFO?
My friend Ann suggested that I make some tumbler blocks. I thought that was a good idea and I always wanted to make one but I did not want to make a template, draw around it, cut it out. Good grief, do people still do that? I searched the net for a while and found one template that was just what I wanted. I dragged out a bunch of nickel squares I have had for some time now and tried out my new rotary cutter template. Worked like a charm (yes, pun intended).
After cutting a few I discovered a bonus. Hmmm, I could sew those long skinny triangles together and get rectangles. I have no idea what to do with them, but I plan on sewing all those together.
This has turned out to be even easier than I thought. If you cut off those little corners (there are tons of those teeny tiny triangles all over my house now) the charms fit together perfectly. As you can see the rows come out pretty darn straight.
This surely is not enough in this box to make much of anything. I have lots more cutting to do. All those fabrics that everyone sent will go into the mix. Ah yes, some more mindless sewing, my favorite.