Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cable Companys

I have finished the border on the baby quilt. I have joined two more swaps. There are more orchids in bloom. But I can't show you pictures of any of them. Why? Because my cable is out, and I can't post pictures from my computer at work. The cable powers my home phone, cable TV (but we also have a Dish) and my internet connection. It went out on Saturday afternoon when a nasty thunderstorm hit my area. There was a generic message when you called about what areas were out and that they were working on it. By Monday, it had been fixed but not at my house. So we called for service. They were to come today between 8 and 11 AM. HA! My husband stayed home and decided to call to confirm the appointment. They said "It was cancelled by the IVR" (interactive voice response). Good grief, you have got to be kidding, why would either of us cancel?

So he demanded that they send someone pronto. He plans on calling every half an hour until someone shows up.

We shall see what happens.

No comments: