When I was a kid and would ask my Mom why, her answer was always the same, "because I'm your Mother and I said so!" So when Judy L started asking why, my first reaction was to give her Cindy's answer......
But I'll be a good girl and attempt to answer her questions.
1. Why do you quilt? It relaxes me and gives me a sense of accomplishment. I am not very good at anything else.
2. How long have you been quilting? Despite several sad attempts before, I started to quilt seriously in 1993.
3. What made you start quilting? A picture of a log cabin quilt on the cover of a magazine.
4. What sewing machine do you use mostly for piecing? Bernina Inspiration
5. What machine do you use mostly for quilting? My left hand and my right hand.
6. If you could have any sewing machine you want -- money isn't an issue -- just get anything you want . . what would you get? Not something I have even thought about.
7. When you buy a sewing machine, how long do you expect you'll keep it? Til a newer and bigger and better model comes out? Til the old one refuses to make another stitch? My Mom is still using her Singer that she bought in 1949 and she was a seamstress who did a ton of sewing. I thought I would use my Bernina at least that long.
8. On a scale of 1 - 10, how much do you love your stash? (10 means you LOVE it! 1 means you'd get rid of it all today if you could!) About a 7.5, lots of color but all small pieces
9. Why do you have the stash? How did it come about? Why is it the size that it is? Just in case.
10. When we talk about "stashbusting", what are your thoughts? Use up all those little pieces and make some room for some new stuff.