Monday, December 8, 2008

I've hit the Jackpot

Remember the Pillowcase Party Mary had over the Thanksgiving holiday? I really wasn't paying too much attention but there were door prizes and I won one. Yahoo! It arrived yesterday from Lori in South Dakota and what a wonderful gift. There is a bright and cheerful batch of fat quarters. I love these new colors and I think I am going to have to get more. She included 2 spools of Aurafil thread (I've always wanted to try some of that), the cutest holiday nail file and of course a whole bunch of chocolate (Ghirardelli dark- my favorite). What a happy gift to come home from work to.



But that wasn't all, I received a RAK from Cindy in Virginia. She even has a RAK stamp right on the envelope. It contained some P&B fat quarters and some super cute fat eighths. There little star packs are so cute, I'm thinking I might hang them on the tree as an ornament..........nah, I'm cutting them up.



The old saying that things happen in threes must be true because I also got another birthday block. This one is from Colene in Idaho. It is a pretty, well constructed block and I am happy to receive it.
Would you believe these are more gifts than I got on my birthday?

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

What great gifts! Don't eat all of that chocolate in one day. :)

Lori in South Dakota said...

congratulations on all your gifts. the bundle of FQ's looked lonely, and who can sew without chocolate? I love aurifil thread, and seems like I am always putting nicks in my nails with pins, and need a nail file close by! Thanks for joining the pillowcase party. Lori

Cindy Is Crafty said...

How funny! I never even realized they were stars. LOL! :O)

Glad that you liked and cannot wait to see what they become! :O)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - what a great day huh? Have you eaten all your chocolate yet?