Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fabric Plates

Ever since Vicki made these coasters, I have wanted to make some too. I broke down and bought the book and found the rope at Family Dollar just as she said. Last night I made this plate (aka hot pad). It was a beautiful small piece of batik in a rich dark green color. At first I had planned on using different color fabrics which is why I used a taupe colored thread. I should have used a dark color thread and I should have read her advise on how to taper the end. But I don't think it's all that bad for a first try and I have plenty left over to make a set of coasters. As for making a bowl...... well maybe.


Even though I have been on an Xbox 360 binge lately, I have been doing some sewing. I have made over 30 string blocks and have also started a log cabin with those recycled shirts. But there isn't much to show so this goofy fabric plate is all there is for now.


Hope your day is super spectacular.


2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I was just thinking about making some hot pads for the kitchen this weekend!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

That is a large pad for a big, steaming plate of goodness!