Saturday, July 24, 2010

More applique blocks

I really enjoyed making those gekko blocks. The best part was having them sold within 24 hours of listing them at Etsy. That can sure take me out of a slump.
I decided to make a few more, this time some dotted doggies.


These little cuties measure 6 3/4"x 6 3/4", large enough to cut down to your own 6 1/2" measurement. If you are interested you can find them in my Etsy shop here.
In the meantime, I have plans for some Sunbonnet Sue blocks, some fish blocks, some ice cream cone blocks and some teapots out of Mary Engelbreit fabric . I have also considered making a few traditional blocks like the Rose of Sharon or Oak Leaf and Reels. What pattern do you think would be a crowd pleaser?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! In my opinion, any motif from the 30's would be a winner, but then again, I'm nuts for that kind of thing! Can't wait to see more :)

Sharkbytes said...

What a great idea to sell them. I'd say make a wetland collection, salamanders, frogs, snails

Rose Clearfield said...

I can't wait to see the Mary Engelbreit blocks! I bet that some baby themed blocks would do well.

Ann said...

What a nice way to come out of your slump. Wow, those went fast. I really like the dog blocks, they remind me of my westie :) Very cute