Sunday, September 26, 2010

Score

I can't believe another whole month has gone by and it was time for Glenda's bee again. I'm so glad I decided to start going to her bees. Spending a few hours with like minded ladies, talking and laughing with no discussion of anything negative. For at least a few hours a month I am assured of getting out of my constant funk.
A long time quilter has passed away and her daughter has been coming to the bees with box loads of fabric and notions. This is the third time I have seen her and there is always a frenzy when she arrives. This time I managed to check out her stash as it was being taken out of the boxes. It wasn't an easy task but I did manage to grab (and I do mean grab) these wonderful fabrics.


I have run out of room in my studio and have no idea where I'm going to stash these beauties. But at a dollar a yard how can I pass up such a good deal. I asked if she had more and her reply was "Oooooohh Yes". I guess I'll have to bring more cash next time.

3 comments:

Ann said...

WOW a dollar a yard. That's a steal. I think the bee sounds like a lot of fun.

Lin said...

I think I have the two on the right. I've been itching to start something new one of these days. Thanks for giving me the push. ;)

Sharkbytes said...

Ha! I think you might be getting your enthusiasm back.