Monday, March 29, 2010

Slow Going

I've started work on my Everyday Best quilt. I have been cutting and cutting and then cutting some more slices of dotted fabric. I am waiting for the arrival of some dotted fat quarters I have ordered and still have a small stack of fabric that needs cutting.
I am not one of those people who cuts all the pieces first, then does step one, until it is complete and then proceed on to step two. I might do some cutting, then some piecing, some more cutting then maybe get one or two blocks done and so on.
The central portion of this quilt consists of 9 - 16 inch blocks. Each block has 12 paper pieced archs and 4 corner squares. All together there will be a total of 108 archs. I have completed 11.

7 comments:

Ann said...

That's a lot of arches. Only 97 to go.

Lynne said...

Oh My! That's definitely a lot of cutting and piecing! You are so brave, but I know it's going to be beautiful!

Alterity Button Jewelry said...

Wow...that's great so far! Yup, I'm one of those cut it all first people!

Dotti said...

It's lookin' good girl!

Lin said...

I once made a quilt that had a huge heart shape hand appliqued on by over 200 individual paisleys. Criminy, I nearly lost my mind doing that one, but is is lovely. When I finally finished it, I laid it out for the family to see. "Who would like this when I die?" I asked the kids (they were little at the time). My son replied "Can I have the TV instead?". Sigh.

Sharkbytes said...

You are amazing! I'd still be thinking about finding the fabric. This is a huge project.

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net