Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Problem Solved

I could not figure out how to cut down the Vintage Valentine blocks and have the design remain in the center. My friend Dotti suggested that I have a piece of acrylic cut to the size I needed but frankly all my local shop wanted a small fortune to do it.


I already have a square ruler that measures 16 1/2 x 16 1/2. What I bought it for I have not idea as I don't usually make blocks that big, but would work for this project. I taped off 2 sides making the ruler 15 inches square, the required cut size for the blocks and marked the center of 15 inches with some itty bitty dots that I have. Voila! Problem solved. Cut two sides, turn and cut the other two sides.




4 comments:

Dotti said...

OMG...When you started showing the blocks I figured they were...8 or 9 or maybe 10"...I didn't realize they were this big. You are going to have one spectacular quilt!

Sharkbytes said...

Very clever!

Ann said...

good thinking :)

Lin said...

Good thinking and good use of what you already have!