Sunday, November 14, 2010

Vintage Valentine Central Block

It took a few days, but the central block is finished. It will measure 27 1/2" square when trimmed down and it has 104 pieces. I am happy with the results.

I still have a way to go before it ends up on my bed. I have got to make a decision on how to finish block three. All the blocks need to be trimmed down and I haven't figured out how to do that yet. They need to be sewn together. The borders are striped fabrics and the photo shows the stripes going lengthwise. The stripes on the fabric go from cut end to cut end and I cannot figure out how I'm going to get the stripes to go in the direction I want them to.
Then there is the question of finding a long arm quilter who will do the job.
So many decisions.

4 comments:

Ann said...

it's absolutely beautiful, you did a wonderful job

Dotti said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt Barbara. Here's how I handled trimming my applique blocks: my plexiglass store has a $7.50 minimum...so I was able to have them cut me a 6 1/2, 7 1/2, and so on up to a 12 1/2" square of 1/8" plastic. All in all, it ended up being $10! Got them home and drew diagonal lines corner to corner on all of them with a sharpie. All I have to do is center the proper ruler on the block and cut. Best investment I ever made!

Jackie said...

That is beautiful...I can't wait to see the quilt!!
Jackie:-)

Mary Johnson said...

That's a gorgeous block! I love the fabrics.