Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mailable Art Fabric Postcards

Over the past two years, I have purchased several books on the art of making fabric postcards, hoping to find that spark I need to successfully sell postcards. One of the books, describes how to take your favorite photo and turn it into a small work of art. I do not own any photos that would make for an interesting card, so I turned to a National Geographic book of photographs. There are many photos that will make an interesting subject, the first one I tried is this photo from Norway.


And here is my interpretation of it in fabric postcard form


What do you think?

3 comments:

Dotti said...

This is really nice Barbara...love the fabric you used for the water!

Ann said...

What a fabulous idea that was. I think it looks wonderful.

Mary Lamoray said...

Marvelous!! I also just love your autumn leaf card... you may be on to something pretty special here... landscapes make beautiful art!