Friday, September 20, 2013

Dog Days Quilt Blocks

I get these emails from Etsy from time to time. They are chock full of tips and advice on how to improve your shop. Most of the time it's either bs or over my head, but a couple of days ago,  there was one sentence about doing just one thing out of your comfort zone.
I had just discovered these doggy patterns. I thought they were easy enough but a bit boring. I got crazy and decided to use colors you would never use for a doggy. At first I made a Blue Bassett Hound.


Well that was fun, but not enough contrast between the parts, so I made a Daffodil Daschund.



I put both blocks for sale in the shop not knowing how anyone would react. Today I got a message from a gal who liked them but needed at least 4 in total. So I made Red Rat Terrier,


 
and a Minty Maltese.


I'm still debating with myself on whether or not to make more.

1 comment:

Ann said...

oh those are really cute. Minty Maltese is my favorite.