Friday, November 22, 2013

Secret Santa

There was a time when Christmastime was so exciting. I loved the planning, and shopping, and holiday parties. I loved sending and receiving Christmas cards and each year I would send more and more. But times have changed and I just see Christmas as a lot of tiring work. I don't care to do all that decorating if no one is going to visit and see it. I would pass on doing it, but hubby says we have to (we meaning me). I love the homemade cookies and candies but I have no one to share them with so I eat them all myself. Christmas Eve was a big deal when I was growing up. It was the one time all year when the entire family got together in one noisy, joyous event. But since my Mom passed away, I am no longer invited to the big event. It's just another night.
In an attempt to cheer myself up, I joined in on a Secret Santa with one of my Etsy teams. It's all still a big secret, but I think I can share what I have made. I don't think anyone from the team visits here, in fact there aren't many at all who visit here. So here is my very pastel, romantic coiled fabric bowl. I am really pleased with the way it turned out, I am tempted to keep it for myself. It is a tad smaller, but deeper than I usually make, but I am very happy with it.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I know how you feel when it comes to Christmas. I still love it but it's just not the same any more.
That is a really pretty bowl and if you decide to send it on I'm sure whoever gets it will love it

Lin said...

I get it...I don't like putting up all that stuff either. Do you have friends there? Why don't you host a small Christmas party for your friends? That way everyone can enjoy your decorations and you will feel better. Doesn't have to be on Christmas--maybe before. Even weeks before.

My mom has the same problem--she decorates and nobody comes by. It's sad, but that's just the way it is. She holds our presents hostage until we come to her house...determined by HER on HER time schedule (which being that she is alone, is a whole other story) so we sort of just resent the whole thing. I wish she would host a little party for her friends--I think she would like that.