Saturday, January 30, 2016

Etsy Promo Forum Rant

Everyone is always looking for a free and easy way to promote their Etsy Shop, me included. I hadn't posted in the Etsy Promo Forums in a while but thought it might be a productive way to kill some time. A good percentage of the topics are pretty general, with an anything goes attitude. Promote Here, Ready to Ship or Ships to anywhere are rather comment subjects. Because they are so general, I don't post in them, in fact I never even look at them. I tend to post and look at threads with a more specific topics. I couldn't find many that fit anything I wanted to promote, so I created some of my own. Surprise, surprise, no one posted on them. When I did find a rare few that I could post on I found:

1.   If the topic is Pink, some people will post anything even if its blue.
2.   Jewelry topics will get a lot of scarves posted.
3.   Scarf topics will get a lot of jewelry posted.
4.   Jewelry, in fact gets posted on every thread regardless of the topic.
5.   No one knows what Rustic means.
6.   For that matter no one knows what Wedding, Winter, Snow, Sun, Summer, Easter, St Patricks
      Day, Shamrocks or Birds are.
7.   For heavens sake, if you start a topic, how about sticking to your own subject.

I can also tell you that I am sick and tired of seeing the same items from the same sellers over and over and over and over again on every post. I do not want to see any more hula hoops, home made jelly, mens dashiki shirts, hoodies with wooden propellers on top or light fixtures made of copper pipes.

Rant over, thank you.

1 comment:

Lin said...

It's getting harder to search for things on Etsy for the same reasons. All sorts of things pop up. Ugh.