Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Official..

I am defiantly nuts. I was reading some blog, which led me to a blog, which led me to a blog, which led me to A Rainbow Block Swap. Something came over me and before I could even think about it, I signed up and pick the color light green (good thing AuntAnn had sent me some). I have to make 9 blocks and send them off to the hostess. In return I will get back 9 different blocks in 9 different colors. I am happy that the deadline for mailing is May 1 (only 6 weeks away) unlike the HGTV swap whose deadlines are 4 or 5 months.
So here is my first block. It is a variation on the Paths and Stiles blocks I did last week. I don't know if it has a name.



2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

hey, we must have been following one anther around blog land yesterday :) b/c I saw that one too! what a cool idea :)

I even saved their color logo in case i get a wild hair and decide to host a similar swap over on the HGTV boards... but not this year - I have enough on my plate at the moment ;)

I love the fabric you choose. and that pattern is cute - do you get ot pick any pattern?

also you wouldn't have by chance followed me to a blog wehre they used craft glue to make a design on fabric and let it dry and then painted over it... and then pealed the glue off leaving origional fabric.....

I visited it and then today rethoguth of it and for the life of me can not find where it was! *sigh*

sometimes blog land it too big. LOL

Happy Weekend! ~bonnie

Kathleen said...

I like your fabric and your block. I'm in your group for the Rainbow Swap and I'm doing Path & Stiles in dark green.