Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Quick Makeover & An Orchid

My little design wall is a piece of foam board insulation with a gridded flannel cover. It is not very stiff making it hard to get the fabric taught. Also, I could never get the grid straight. If you look at many of my pictures of blocks, you might think the block is crooked when in fact it's the grid. The gridded flannel is rather thin, so you can see some of the marks on the foam board.











I have purchased some dark tan flannel and attempted to recover it. The fabric is still abit saggy, but at least I'm not



looking at those crooked lines.


















I'm also tired of looking at a burnt up ironing board cover. It wasn't that long ago that I made a new cover, but it really looks like crap. My bright idea is to make a cover that is already completely burnt or dark brown.




I wonder how long this will look good?

I have had this orchid for over 9 years and it has never bloomed before. I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.


2 comments:

Trisha said...

I hate that about my ironing board! It always looks like it needs a good washing but I wash it and it doesn't look any better! Great idea to start with a dark fabric that won't show the burn marks.

bingo~bonnie said...

already burnt brown -haha love it! very clever ;)