Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mindless Sewing



I have been collecting 2 1/2" square for a long time now. I just keep shoving them in a box. Sometimes, I sew them together into twos using the Bonnie Hunter enders/leaders method. But mostly they just sit in the box.

Recently I received a box of scraps from Vicki W. I discoverd a large stack of 2 1/2" squares in the box, which prompted me to sew some more of them together.



Sometimes I sew the twos into fours.




Today I decided to sew the fours into sixteens. I'm thinking maybe I might make them into one of Alycia's Not so Top Secret Project. Or maybe one of Mary's 16 Patch and Pinwheels. Right now I am not making any decisions, I just want to do some mindless sewing.






1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Believe it or not I still have stacks of squares in other sizes and am using one of the as leaders and enders as I sew the log cabin quilt together. I'm making them into 16-patch blocks too.