Saturday, November 14, 2009

Couldn't Be Easier

So easy, in fact, that you don't even need instructions. I just sewed some strips together, appliqued some basic designs and machine quilted in the ditch.


I tried to use Judy L's method of machine binding but it still came out like crap, so I used my friend Judy G's method. Instead of a straight stitch I used a decorative stitch that's sure to catch the flap in the back.


I still intend to put some buttons on there too, but this runner is otherwise done. I may make another with the ends coming to a point rather than square, but we will see. Oh and if you are wondering why I put the stars only on one side, it's because this runner is going on a small end table. The end with the stars will hang over the edge and that is about all you will see.

Feel free to copy this idea and make it your own. How about red and white with hearts for Valentines, or green and white with shamrocks for St Pat's. You can make it with pastel colors and eggs for Easter, or bright colors with candles for a birthday. Heck, you can get carried away with the whole idea and make them for most any occasion using scraps and leftovers. Be sure to let me know if you make one, I would love to see it. i bet everyone would like to see it, so I'll post a link to your site if you like.

4 comments:

Dotti said...

It turned out great!

Lynne said...

What a great job!

Ann said...

That looks great, maybe I'll dig out the old fabric scraps and see what I can come up with

Split Rock Ranch said...

Gorgeous! I will certainly make a holiday table more festive. Great job.