Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quilts for Kids, Inc

I got another quilt kit from Quilts for Kids. The piecing part of the process is pretty quick and easy for me. All the parts are pre cut, so it goes together in a hurry. But as I've said before, my machine quilting is the pits.
I am rather excited this time though because .....................................


...................well, check it out, there are no puckers on the back. I know, I know, the lines are a bit crooked but NO puckers! It was suggested the last time that I use more pins in the basting. But before I put in the pins, I sprayed the heck out of the thing with basing spray and then put in the pins. I used more than I usually do, but not as many as all the instructions say I should.

My only problem now is that there wasn't enough excess backing to make separate binding. I think I'll try the wrap the back around to the front method. Please all cross your fingers as I have never attempted this before.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! and I love that backing fabric. Congrats on the no puckers - I know how hard that can be seeing as I don't do so well on that either.

Lynne said...

WOW! Your lines look so straight! Besides pucker issues, I can't sew a straight line! You did a wonderful job.

Lin said...

It looks great! It's all in the basting!! For the binding, can't you just combine remnants of the fabric you used on the front to make a colorful binding?? Because you have so many great colors going on, it would be nice to see them in the binding.