Friday, April 16, 2010

Mail

I have mentioned several times before that I just love getting mail. To that end, I have signed up ( yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking) for a postcard exchange. This is not handmade postcards but rather the tourist type from your city. The name of the site is Postcrossing and it does sound promising. You are given the name and address of someone requesting a card and you send them a card. They record receipt of that card and then your name goes on the list to receive. It doesn't look like there's a chance of getting ripped off, like I did so many times with Fabric Postcard exchanges. My first two cards have gone off to Brazil and Switzerland. Who knows how long it will take to get there.
I would also like to thank everyone for their well wishes with my surgery the other day. Healing is slow going and my mouth hurts more now that the anethesia and novocain have worn off. I will now have to wait until August to get my permanent implanted teeth. Growing old sucks.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I've heard of that site before, i thought it sounded quite interesting and then I totally forgot about it.
Sorry to hear you're in pain, hope your mouth feels better soon. And i agree, getting old does suck ;)

Lin said...

Oh, I'm sorry your mouth hurts so bad. Hopefully the healing will come faster than you think and you'll be back to normal in no time. Getting old does suck. I'm falling apart these days too. :(