Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sir Paul

Last Saturday night. my husband and I went to the long awaited Paul McCartney concert at the Sun Life Stadium (formerly LandShark Stadium, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium or Joe Robbie Stadium). It is the same stadium where the Dophins play, the Marlins play, the Super Bowl is played and where we saw the Monster Truck Jam.
I have wanted to see Paul McCartney for 45 years and I am so glad I finally got to see him. The show was spectacular. There were only 5 guys on the stage, no back up singers or more instuments but WOW what music they made. He sang songs from his days with the Beatles, days with Wings and many of his solo works. He had a tribute to Linda, a tribute to John and a tribute to George. He played many different guitars, a mandalin, a ukulele and the piano. The crowd of over 40,000 sang along much of the time and cheered him vigorously which he really liked. He told stories and interacted with the audience often. He sang for 3 hours which included 2 encores, he took no breaks or stopped for a sip of water. One of the highlights of the night was the song Live and Let Die. The stage exploded a few times and there were fireworks going off behind the stage. It took my breath away and the crowd went nuts. If you ever get the chance to see Sir Paul I urge you to not miss him.


This photo was taken with a cell phone, so it's not that good, but it does show the two giant screens on either side of the stage. I also had binoculars with me.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I bet it was fantastic. That's one concert I wouldn't mind going to

Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I bet it was fantastic. That's one concert I wouldn't mind going to

Hitesh said...

Paul McCartney is a legend........and watching him performing live......is just awesome.....
and live concerts are so thrilling.....with live music...and if performer is as good as Paul who is so good at keeping the audience always on the toes.......

Barb said...

I must be getting old cause I'm not fond of going to HUGE stadiums anymore ~ you can barely see whose performing.

Paul McCartney is awesome and while I've never seen him in concert, I did ride on an elevator with him when I was about 9. All I could do with stare with my mouth hanging open. It did make him laugh.

josie said...

Love the Beatles and the Beatles' songs and all the McCartney-Lennon compositions :)