Friday, August 27, 2010

Preemie Quilts

My friend Glenda has a bee on the last Saturday of every month and that is tomorrow. I had planned to make some preemie quilts, saving the hand stitching of the binding for the bee. I'm really not crazy about schlepping my featherweight and all the junk that goes with machine sewing, so this would be an ideal project. But before that, I needed to make some additional blocks to sell in the shop.
I made this set of 6 'All Wrapped Up' blocks, and they sold in less than 24 hours.


So, I made another set of 6 Gekko blocks for the shop.


Not only did these sell, but I had an order for 3 additional sets. I have been tracing, cutting, fusing and stitching like a woman possessed.
I did manage to get 2 preemie quilts done to the point of only needing to hand stitch the binding down.
Isn't it amazing how much you can get done when you stay away from the computer?

2 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I am very impressed! I think you got your motivation back. I never thought of selling just the blocks. That would be the only part of the quilting process that I really like. But I think you really have a reputation built up. As much as I itch to do craft/sewing stuff from time to time I think I've finally focused on making writing my primary "job."

Ann said...

Wow, sold in less than 24 hours. Way to go. It proves that you do quality work :)
Maybe I should try staying away from the computer once in a while. I haven't gotten anything done lately