It was several months ago when I signed up for the HGTV CYOC string block swap. I showed you pictures of the blocks I made for everyone else, it's time to show you the blocks I received.
I requested a 2" cut center string in white or WOW with 1930's style strings. The blocks should be cut at 6 1/2". Here's some observations of what I received.
1. Out of the 12 sets, only one marked the center so that the center string would be correctly centered.
2. Out of the 12 sets received all but one set were cut correctly. The one odd set was a smidgen too big and required some cutting down (better too big than too small)
3. One set out of 12 had the center string cut at 2 1/2" and the strings were not 1930's style although they did coordinated well. I put them in the corners so no one would notice.
4. One set had some polyester strings. I could smell the difference when pressing.
5. The foundations in one of the sets was washed and bleached to death. You can still smell the bleach.
This might sound like I'm complaining but I am not. What I'm saying is that I love string blocks. Even with all these minor flaws, you can still make one heck of a good looking quilt. My thanks to all the ladies in the swap and hope to swap again.