Thursday, April 5, 2012

Now What?

Have you signed up for the Etsypreneur daily tips? I have because I am trying to increase my Etsy sales. Sometimes I wonder however if the advice is right for me. Todays' tip is about having a blog and sticking with it. The email ends with
Actually, there is one more thing. Persistent Patience. Keep going. Keep writing. No comments, no problem. No readers, no worries. Keep going. Keep writing. You'll find the voice inside you. If you don't give up first...
...well I wonder.  I started this blog back in September 2007. In all this time this blog has not grown past the small handful that visit regularly (Hi Lin, Dotti, Anne and you all know who you are). I am fairly certain that this blog has brought me zero sales, of course it was started way before my Etsy shop but I'm just saying. I'm still looking for my "voice" and I am wondering what's the point? I still can't really say what I would like, for fear I would piss off way too many people. Should I stay or should I go? Should I close it down for visitors and leave it so only I could read it?
I am leaving tomorrow for a much needed 10 day cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. Perhaps I'll just think about it some more.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Have fun on your cruise!! Gees, that sounds GLORIOUS to get away for a while!

I like to see what you are working on or doing these days, but I understand how sometimes the blog just gets to be too much work. It does for me too.

I write a lot of how I feel about things, but I try to mix in some silly with it or it just turns into a rant. Folks don't like to read all negative stuff, so as long as you mix in a lot of good with your opinions, I think you are okay. I still stay off dicey subjects as religion, politics, and color. Those are sure to bring the nasty comments. And they have to me--which I don't like, so I don't do it anymore.

I hope you keep blogging, pally!