Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thimbles

There was a time when I collected thimbles, not so much the ones that you can sew with, but more the ones that say where you've been. I haven't seen any anywhere in a long time until this cruise. We went on a 10 night cruise to the Caribbean and I could sure get used to that lifestyle. We stopped at 5 different islands, the first being St. Thomas.
Every island has you going through souvenier shops to board your ship, and that's where I found my first thimble. I made it a point to look for a thimble each island we visited. St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados, Domenica and St. Maartens are the stops we made and thimbles I got.

1 comment:

Lin said...

The only thimble I don't use but treasure instead is one from a friend who took a cruise to Alaska. She brought me back a seal skin one. I LOVE that thing!

Very cool to see your collection. :)