Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sad News

You may remember a while back when I was posting a block exchange I called The ZizzyDot block swap. Sometimes it was called ZizzyDot + 1 but I never did tell you who the plus one was. It was my dear friend Ann who lived in Pennsylvania.
Ann and I never met face to face but were Internet pals since we met on Alex Anderson's message board back in 2000. She was known online as AuntAnn. What many people didn't know was how kind and generous she was. She always stayed anonymous and in the background. She, like me, was accused of many nasty things she did not do.
One of the things we both had in common was our love of quilts and our desire to not make crap as so many people were posting back then. Ann and I exchanged blocks on and off for several years. Here is an example of her fine work, with perfect matching points and no twisted seams. Keep in mind that these blocks are only 6 1/2" square.

It is sad for me to say, but my dear friend has passed away. I received an email from her brother that she had gone in March but no additional information.
Rest in Peace my friend, I will miss you.

3 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, pally, I'm so very sorry to hear that. There is no friend like a quilting friend. Really. The time you spend piecing, sharing ideas, tricks and accomplishments--it just bonds you. I know--I lost a quilting friend once too.

"It was not a woman's desire... to be forgotten. And in one simple, unpretentious way, she created a medium that would outlive even many of her husband's houses, barns and fences; she signed her name in friendship onto cloth and, in her own way, cried out, remember me."

--Linda Otto Lipsett, Remember Me

Hugs, pally.

Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Her blocks are wonderful. She was very talented

Deb Silva said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ann's death. I know the 2 of you were very dear friends and I know you will miss her.