Monday, December 3, 2007

Handmade stuff



Way back when I used to do counted cross stitch, I made a whole series of stockings. The patterns were from a cross stitch magazine which had two new patterns every year. There is besides these two, one for my son, one for my daughter in law and one for my granddaughter. My daughter in law made the last one for my grandson. They are all different yet are all the patterns are from the same designer. I really love these and surely they will reside on someones mantle far into the future.

I'm not sure if you can see it or not but the date is 1989. When I first started quilting, I actually made a pink Double Irish chain just so it would look like the one on the stocking. The sampler on the wall was never finished because the x's were half the size of the rest and it just hurt my eyes too badly.


Besides a 8 foot tree, I have a mini tree. I purchase some Hallmark Keepsake mini ornaments each year, right after Christmas when they are 50% off. I try too find some that have some sort of sewing theme but that's not always possible. If you have a mini tree, you have to have a mini tree skirt. Too cute!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Cute, cute and cute.