Monday, August 10, 2009

Something New

While most folks were either in church, going to the beach or just chillin', I decided to do something different, different for me anyway. I decided to take a class in jewelry making. The class was called general assembly.I have no intention of getting into jewelry making (good golly there are as many doing jewelry as there are quilters) and I don't really know why I took this class but enjoyed it.


The store is pretty big for selling beads and boy do they have everything under the sun. They even have a kiln and make lamp work beads. That class is expensive....I'm thinking about it. I would have gotten more pictures but the shop was busy for a Sunday morning. Looks like candy doesn't it?


And the final results, one pair of earrings and a matching necklace. OK all you jewelry makers, don't look too close, it's my first try. As for the purple beads, well you know what they are for.





My first oval bowl with beads sewn all the way around.
Oh nuts, my external mouse just died.






6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love bead shops! They are always so clean and bright and there's color everywhere. It's fun to take a class in something totally different from time to time.

Dotti said...

While I'm not into jewelry...well...maybe funky pins, I must warn you, beading is addictive!

Ann said...

I tried to learn how to make jewelry once, I was a total flop.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had some fun and yes it does look like candy :D

Dana said...

I love jewelry making! It's so therapudic and relaxing.

I love how you added the beads to your basket. Gorgeous!

By the way, your first attempt at jewelry is lovely!

Dana said...

I've always wanted to take a quilting class and a pottery class myself. Someday, I will.