Monday, June 7, 2010

Finished...well almost


I completed this quilt as you go quilt today, but all it needs is a binding. I like the colors (lots of screaming orange) and I like the blocks, but I'm not too thrilled with the strips that join the blocks together. In a picture or from across the room it looks great, but up close the top stitching is kind of amateurish. I guess it's not bad for a first try.

This quilt contains fabric from my recently acquired box of scraps, my bingo fat quarter winnings, some Vicki W fabrics, along with some of my own fabrics from the "what was I thinking when I bought this?" collection, the " it's been sitting in the drawers for years, so use it already" collection and the "quite saving it for something special" collection.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Oh I like it. The colors are great. I had to laugh at all the collections you have, I have a few of those myself..lol

Dotti said...

What a riot of color! Love it! When I made one like this a couple years ago I used poly-filiment thread and the blind hem stitch and no one could tell it was there unless they took out their x4 reading glasses!

bingo~bonnie said...

oh how I wish we lived close enough that I could stop by and come swing with you on your porch! I sooo love these and have great memories of swinging at my aunt's home growing up.... and of course I'd wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!!! ;) HOpe it was a good one for ya ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Auntie E said...

I have a lot of these top quilt done. Now for the summer fun of adding the batting and backs then hand quilting the design. Summers here, sitting out with lemonade and hand quilting. I love your color selection. Great job!

Summers In Love said...

That is one colorful and lovely quilt! I hope I can learn how to make one..

Visit me here! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest google follower! =)

Visit me here! =)