Tuesday, June 22, 2010



I have had my grandchildren stay with me for the last few days. My granddaughter was here on Friday, Saturday and on Sunday we drove her back home and switched children. My grandson has stayed the past two nights. He is on an all star little league baseball team. This week are the district playoff games and they happen to be here in Ft Lauderdale. So we have been eating, sleeping and playing baseball since Sunday.
One of the mothers of a teammate made necklaces out of Scrabble pieces. I had heard of people doing this but I never saw one that I liked until now. I'm going to repeat myself by saying I did not make this, so please don't ask me how I did it or congratulate me on a job well done.

That's a Hawk there in the middle, which is the name of the team. My grandson's number is 5 and his team nickname is Ice. The team colors are black and red. The necklace is a thin strip of red leather. I'm really impressed with this. It is such a thoughtful and clever idea.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I so miss the little league days, as hectic as it was sometimes I enjoyed it so much. That is a really cute necklace. What a great idea that was, I'm assuming she made one for each team member.

Witchie's Place said...

That is very cute! Does she make them and sell them? If so maybe you could approach her with putting some in your etsy store for her!

Witchie's Place said...

I got your response. I apologize for the suggestion, though it seemed a good one at the time, lol.

bingo~bonnie said...

the last month of our M.O.P.S. (mothers of pre schoolers) meeting we made necklaces very similar to these. We used the same sized square pieces only they were glass - and the craft leader had lots of capital letters printed out for us to cut out and use deco podge glue to glue to the back side of the glass.... we also glued on that silver bell thing... and the necklace was a rubber feeling black choker cord thing bought at Hobby Lobby....

you are so right - these that your grandson's baseball team mom made are sooooo cute! and a great way to support the team and honor each mom's favorite player :) cute cute!

I'm guessing she printed out the customized baseballs somehow...

thanks for sharing ;) Love from Texas! ~bonnie