Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some new Postcards

I was chatting with a woman at work last week. I happened to mention fabric postcards and of course she wanted to know what they were. After a brief explanation, she said she just had to see some. So I brought about 10 of my favorites in to work for her to see. She really liked them but wanted to see what I had made. I really didn't have but one or two so I told her maybe when I had some I would bring them in.
She told one of the ladies who owns my company. She came to me and said she would love to see what these postcards are as she just loves handmade stuff. After she looked at what I had she said if I have any for sale she would love to see them as she often buys that sort of new and different thing.
So besides working on my black & white checkerboard project, and making some blocks I owe a few people, I have been feverishly making postcards. Some of them are for upcoming swaps I have signed up for (why make 4 when you can make 6) and some of them are just experimental. I will not tell you which is which just yet. So help me out....... which ones do you like and which ones are losers? How much would someone pay for these? I have seen postcards for sale anywhere from $7 to $35.














































6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love ALL of them. I'd probably pay around $15. Maybe $20 for the pointsettia or the crazy quilt one. I'm not sure of the stamping on the Christmas Tree one. I love them, though. I wish I knew how to make these.

Anonymous said...

My favorites are Moon over the Mountains, the Christmas Tree and the Poinsettia....I would think 15.00 would be a good price but I dont know what the cost is per yd. the stiff stuff is that has to go on the inside. I guess you would call me ignorant here. I would add up all my cost and triple or quadruple it at the very least.

The HB2U and the Joy cards might not bring as much money as some of the others.

Dotti said...

Hey Barb,
Liked them all but I think the Joy and HB2U need some jazzing up...maybe some sparkle and glitz!
Dotti

Ann said...

Nice PCs Zizz. Don't ask me about prices - lol. I am always surprised when the $2,000 quote is accepted and the $70.00 one requires smelling salts.

rubytuesday said...

Love the poinsettia, the snowman and the moon ones best. $15 to $20 sounds good if that pays for your material and your labor. However I agree with Ann about understanding pricing.
Love the site zizzy.

Kate North said...

My favourite is the landscape. I also like the poinsettia. Not that I hate the rest, but those are the ones I like best. Not sure what to suggest you charge for them - seven to ten bucks maybe? Not sure what the market supports over there...