Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nothing much

I read a lot of quilting blogs. I am envious of those ladies who complete so much in a day. They seem to be constantly getting things in the mail. They spend hundreds of dollars on fabric, patterns and notions. I takes me a bit to get a quilt top completed and I don't have much to spend on fabric.

Believe it or not, I have never bought anything on eBay before. With the price of nice fabric being high, even at Joann's (sorry I still don't like the fabric at WalMart), I decided to see if I could find a bargain at eBay. I needed some larger pieces to use for Heartstring quilts. I bid on several lots, put was always outbid. I finally won and this is what I got, 17 yards in all for $20 including the shipping. I think I got a good deal.

So, I started to make one of Mary's quilts called Roman Strips. I am using the pink fabric along with lots of the strings that Deb in AZ sent me. I have not idea how long it will take me to complete this top.



2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Good for you! I'm sure you'll put those fabrics to great use. The Roman Strips is looking good.

Mary Johnson said...

Barbara, I love the Roman Stripes. I need to make another version myself one of these days.