Tuesday, January 15, 2008

R.A.K.

Random acts of Kindness, I have heard of them but never got one. That is until yesterday. It seems that there was some sort of unswap challenge over at HGTV. I was not a participant and I did not even read any of the posts. At the beginning of the Romantic F8 swap, I asked if it would be OK to keep the leftover so I could use them for the Heartstrings (and some local) charity projects. To my surprise, at least 7 out of 19 gals said I could keep their leftovers. But more surprising is the fat quarter I received in the mail. Shelbydayle won the unswap challenge but requested that Talia send the prize to me to use in my charity quilts. I am just blown away.
What a cool fat quarter, what a nice thing to do.

BTW, I don't know what button I hit but I did not mean to turn off the comments button. I meant to keep anonymous from posting but I guess I didn't do it just right. So the comments are back on and please feel free to leave me a note.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are nice people in the world afterall. :-)

Deborah Levy said...

What a nice thing to receive! And a wonderful thing to turn it into a charity quilt.

SandyQuilts said...

You post at HGTV ... I do too. I love that board ... they're too nice.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I suspect there are a lot of quilters out there who would donate more fabric to charity if they just knew where to send it. It was marvelously sweet tho and this will be wonderful in a Heartstrings quilt.