Saturday, January 12, 2008

The perfect block

OK, so there's no such thing as the perfect block but this one is by far the best block I have ever received. It is from Marjorie in St Paul who says she is new at this. Hey Marjorie, how about given some of those old timers some lessons.


What is is about this block that makes me so happy, after all it is a simple block, not too hard to construct. For one thing, it actually measures 12 1/2", not 12, not 12 1/4, not and eighth too big or small but exactly what it should be. All the seams on the backside are flat and not twisted in one direction then the other. All the points meet in the middle and there isn't a big lump, nor does it look like a tent, it lies flat. She has followed my instructions and used a white background and a perfect coordinating fabric, keeping the colors soft and feminine. Here is a lady who knows her skill level and has executed a wonderful block. I really don't think it is the right to experiment with blocks that are being swapped. I have received many that I have had to fix to make them usable.


Thanks Marjorie.



On another note, I would like to mention that the purpose of this blog is stated at the top. It is a place for me to keep a record of things I have made and received. I am writing it for me and sharing it with you. If you do not like what I have to say, then go read some other blog. I have attempted to stay away from message boards and the like because I really don't need anyone telling me what I can post or not post or how I should go about my daily business.
I will not be posting any more pictures of the HGTV Romantic F8 swap as it seems to bother them that I post pictures here and not on the HGTV site. I have tried to explain one of the multitude of reasons why I do that, but that did not seem to suffice. They are still trying to tell me how I should go about doing things their way. I really don't think I should have to explain myself.
Sorry to rant but I should have known better.

1 comment:

Dotti said...

You go Girl! Hugs, Dotti