Thursday, April 17, 2008

I got the blues

No I don't mean I purchased some blue fabric, I mean I am in a funk. I just don't feel like doing much of anything. I guess you could tell by the lack of quilty posts lately. But I hate when there are no pictures on a blog so I will show you one of my family favorites.





The lady and gentleman sitting are my great grandparents (Maria and Alphonso). The dark haired lady behind great grandpa is my maternal grandmother. I don't know what year this photo was taken but grandma was born in 1889. My best guess is somewhere around 1905. What I do know about this picture and find most interesting is that it is of my great grandparents 25th wedding anniversary. Poor GGma looks like she is really had a hard life while GGpa looks like her son not husband. What a different life they led.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary soon. I sure hope I don't look as old as great grandma.



No comments: