Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Back

Although my jaw still hurts and I'm still having trouble chewing, I am feeling a whole lot better than I have all week. Thank you all for your thoughts and good wishes.

After sorting out the fabrics that Elaine gave me, they seem to fall into two categories, brown and teal. I decided to start by making a log cabin with the browns. Added with some fabrics that Ann gave me, and some of my own, I think I have made a good start. I usually make the logs smaller than these but I was looking for something a bit quicker. The logs are cut at 2".






It was such a miserable week, that the dark browns were too boring to work with. I got a copy of Fons and Porters Love of Quilting magazine in the mail. There is a silly pattern called Summer Flip Flops. Put away the boring browns and pull out the loud obnoxious fabrics. That's just what I need to do, start another project. How many UFO's do I have now? I have no idea but this one is cheerful enough for now. It will just be a small wallhanging, something fun for the summer for my little quilt wall.








No comments: