Sunday, April 6, 2008

Yet Another String Quilt



As I said last week, I have no ambition or inspiration at all. I want to make something spectacular, but I have zero ideas. So when all else fails, I'll either make some preemie quilts or a Heartstring Quilt top. Here is the result of this weeks work. I read on one of the websites that most donated quilts are feminine looking. So, I tried to make something more masculine. It contains mostly fabrics that have been given to me in the last few months. It's kind of hard to tell but the center strips are a black print and the dark strings are blue, green and brown. This top will go to Mary once she has moved into her new condo.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I LOVE it!

Ann said...

ZB
Great variation!

Alycia said...

Well I think that is spectacular! I love the colors and the way you put it together

Anonymous said...

spectacular!!!!
also, I have a brqass thimble from the 30's or 40's and it is tiny too! What's up with that? Were their fingers that little????

elizabeth said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!