Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Zizzy-Dot Challenge Swap #8

Flour resist.



Here is Dotti's card. She says that besides the flour resist, she used water color pencils (got to get me some of those) and embossing. The picture doesn't show the embossing but there is a gold misting effect all over this card. Once again I like Dotti's card better than mine. She also used a different type of zig-zag on the outer edge that I have got to try.




Here is my card. I started with a hand dyed pink fabric, put on the flour resist, and let it dry. Then I tried crunching up the fabric and painted on some watered down blue dye, hoping I would get purple, but it didn't work out that way. I did a little machine stitching on it and then got to use those hot-fix metallics I got at the quilt show. I like the way it turned out, but no where near what I envisioned when I started.




No comments: