Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Dare You




This is another large hunk of fabric Auntann gave me. I am sure you have heard people say "let the fabric speak to you". This one spoke to me and said "I dare you to use me". So what else could I do but make another D9P. Again I used this fabric for the centers of the 9 patches and borders, and I used up a bunch of nickell squares from my collection.

Now that I think about it, Auntann also gave me the cheddar colored inner border fabric. It was a few years ago when Joanns made a mistake and put a riduculously low price on solid colored quilters cotton. Ann went a little nuts and bought tons of it which she shared with me. Maybe, Ann will post and tell us exactly how much of that stuff she really bought.


4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Both of your DNP quilts turned out great! I've made a few blocks in the pattern, but need to make a quilt, too. Thanks for reminding me.

Ann said...

If you are talking about the Kona closeout, I landed a hundred some yards. A few half bolts of natural, two black and then various amounts of other colors. Still have some red, navy, pine and christmas green left. Oh - and an almost bolt of school bus yellow - lol.

Now off to look at the quilts.

Ann said...

B, the quilt looks good. Don't worry about using up either mask fabric. I have more.....

Gizmo said...

Both look great! Such an easy pattern with great results!