Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whole cloth

I cannot machine quilt to save my life. I am especially bad at free motion. So, I either send my tops to a longarmer or I quilt by hand. I bought a template about a year ago, for a crib sized whole cloth quilt. I finally got around to making the quilt. I used some natural colored muslin. It took me about two hours to draw out the design (I took alot of rest your back breaks). I could not decide if I wanted to use white thread on the whole thing or use colored threads. I asked my husband and he said use different colors, so here is the start of my quilting. It is hard to tell (even up close & personal) that I have used pink for the flowers, green for the leaves, a lighter green for the buds, white for the grid and violet on the feathers. I was thinking I might enter this in the 2009 Broward Quilt Expo. Seeing as how almost no one hand quilts anymore (not around here anyway) I just might stand a chance at winning the hand quiliting award by default. When finished, this quilt will be for sale.




1 comment:

Sunny said...

Oh this is just lovely. I love the look of hand quilting. I was browsing your archives and found this. I can see the colors are different. Nice. Did you ever finish it?