Thursday, March 6, 2008

Zizzy-Dot Challenge Swap #7

It was Dotti's turn to choose a subject and she picked Mixed Media. My card is made of hand dyed pink fabric, maroon ribbon, handmade hot pink paper which contains bits of poinsettia leaves, some paint and 4 studs. I was not all that thrilled with the way it turned out. I think the paint was not such a good idea.




On the back of Dotti's card she wrote "Starting at the left side I have couched fiber to painted and stamped lutradur. Burned the edges at the stove. Water colored and collaged it with embroidery floss. Free motioned a used painted dryer sheet to background and hit it with a heat tool. Attached tyvek beads." Wow, she outdid herself again. Is this not a fabulous card?



Hhhmmmm, watercolor paints, I think that's where I went wrong. I used something else and should have used watercolors for a more washed look.


No comments: