Sunday, March 2, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

You may already know that I have a full time job. There really isn't enough work to keep my busy for a full 8 hours a day so I am bored silly most of the time. This week was especially bad as I had a bunch of personal stressful situations dumped on me. Bored and stressed are not a good combination.

To counter act it, I spent my free time (what little there is) sewing like a women possessed. I purchased a really cute black fabric with multi colored stars and started to sash together the FS blocks. (I'll post pictures when there is more to show). Being bored at work, I made the mistake of visiting the HGTV message boards and discovered another swap I just had to sign up for. I know, I know, I said I would never do that again but this one is different. It's a "Choose your own color string block swap". Everyone picks what colors they want (eg pink with a white center string) and you make them 2 6" blocks. This is quick, fun and easy and what I should get back will be completely usable. The blocks received cannot be the wrong color as I throw everything into the string blocks. If they are too small, I can always cut them up and reuse them somewhere else.

I have been working on one color block at a time. I cut out a bunch of the required color, make the two blocks and throw the leftovers in the ever growing string box top. I have already mailed off 6 sets of blocks and here are some more waiting to be mailed.



But that's not all, I have also been making standard size string blocks. I haven't decided yet if I will put these together and mail them to Mary, or if I will mail just the blocks to the Heartstring Project. My mood changes on a daily basis. These blocks have bits and pieces of everything I have posted about in the last few month. And still the string box continues to grow.



One more thing, I found a stash of laundry dryer sheets I had been saving (and then misplaced) for another Chinese Coins quilt. So I also started making these.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow! You've gotten a lot accomplished!

Deborah Levy said...

Man you have been busy!

jen duncan said...

Oooh!! Great quilt! Love it!