Friday, May 21, 2010

Preemie Quilt


Yesterday, the anticipation of my Bingo winnings arrival was killing me. I couldn't concentrate on anything and certainly did not want to work on anything too complicated. That means I either work on string blocks or make a preemie quilt. I decided on the later. Because I didn't have any pieces of fabric large enough to use, I thought I would raid the large box of 2 1/2" squares. I found the last of my old, old Key West fabrics, pulled out 24 pink squares and cut up some plain white.

I can't seem to get a good shot that shows the brightness of the colors, but there is some yellow, navy blue and even some orange in there. Have you checked out the price of Key West Fabric lately? I know I can't afford to buy any. I bought a bunch of it at a rummage sale many years ago and have used bits and pieces of it many times over. I am down to just a handful of pieces. I have pulled out some blue ones to make another preemie quilt.

I'm not sure what to do with the remaining few. Maybe another item in my shop.

6 comments:

Dotti said...

So, what are Key West fabrics...sorta like Hawaiian fabrics?

Dotti said...

So, what are Key West fabrics...sorta like Hawaiian fabrics?

Ann said...

I don't know what key west fabrics are but I sure do like the little quilt, so cute and just adore the colors

sandy said...

Soooooooo cute. What makes that brand of fabric so expensive?

Sandy

Laane said...

It's lovely!

What a shame fabric is so expensive nowadays. I used to make clothes myself, but can't afford it anymore. Such a pity.

With the remaining squares you can make a lovely doll. Like these ones, for instance: http://www.tientalenten.nl/node/809

Lin said...

I've noticed the price of good quality quilting fabrics have really skyrocketed. Love the quilt though--it is so bright!