Saturday, May 15, 2010

Zentangles



I ran across Zentangles about a year and a half ago. The whole doodle idea really appealed to me. When I was still working, I bought a pad of paper at the dollar store, and I would doodle at work, usually when I was on a phone call. When I was laid off, I also laid off the doodling.
I still follow several blogs, and blogs lead to blogs which leads to even more blogs. Today I followed a link which brought me to The Quilt Rat. Jill does the most beautiful work and I especially like her postcards. Because I have no original idea of my own, I tried to make some Zentangle postcards of my own.

Not bad for a first attempt, but my work seems to lack the fine lines and details that Jill's work has.

5 comments:

sophie said...

I seriously hope you aren't that tough on yourself the first time you try anything ... I'll bet if you asked Jill, you'd find out that her "first attempt" doesn't look like the work she does now. Please, give yourself a break (and have fun!)

Ann said...

I agree with Sophie. I also happen to think your postcard looks pretty cool.

Traveler Club said...

awesome postcard

Swapna said...

Hey nice attempt at Zentangles...I have also attempted one,,and have posted it... do let me know what you think.

Sharkbytes said...

So?... you are you... looks pretty cool to me.